Thursday, August 9, 2007

cooking exploration

I've been cooking a lot the past couple weeks since I finished my classes and my evenings have been free. I made some salmon dishes (wasabi salmon, lemon butter baked salmon), along with a mixed seafood pasta dish one night. I also ventured in cooking ratatouille which is really good. It's a mix of vegetables (zuccini, bell peppers, eggplant, tomatoes) sauteed in olive oil and lots of herbs...I really enjoyed it, and it was healthy. I've made breakfast dishes lately too, making poached eggs over canadian bacon with hollandaise, and side of potatoes--Alvin seems to like this one. Tonight I'm gonna work on a baked pasta macaroni and cheese-style type of dish with truffle oil, mozzarella, chicken and bacon. It's actually really fun to take the time to cook, especially when the meal turns out to be yummy.

We've been eating out every now and then, going to places that turn out to be not that great. There haven't been many restaurants to write home about. We've gone to our usual spots, like Squeeze Inn, Sam Wo's, Fox & Goose and of course, our favorite places to have sushi.
 
eXTReMe Tracker