Monday, July 23, 2007

homai fusion cuisine

The trip to Homai Fusion Cuisine was definitely one we went out on a whim for. It was a long drive from downtown to Roseville--it took us nearly an hour. When we got there, there wasn't a crowd. We were seated promptly and told that we could order from their menu five items first, then three items every time following. The options were few, and the sushi rolls were basic. We were worried that full rolls would come out, but were assured when only three pieces of a sushi roll came. With that, we felt like we could try as many items as we wanted. I liked the sashimi the best--salmon (of course) and the red snapper. I ordered those two things a few times. The rice in the sushi was hard and it made the rolls terrible. What I was also surprised by was the lettuce in the rolls! Yes, I don't usually like avocado in my rolls because I'm slightly allergic but LETTUCE? How appalling.

Anyway, among those things we also got honey walnut prawns, tempura shrimp (which was pretty good), gyoza, and pan fried noodles. Overall, the experience was okay. I don't think I'll be going back ever again. I have yet to find a decent all you can eat place, but I'm inclined to trying out Fuji's because I've heard so much talk about it.

I won't even put the address of Homai because I DON'T recommend it.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker