Friday, May 25, 2007

sushi sushi sushi

I <3 SUSHI.

There's nothing more to say than that.

OK, j/k. There is. But really, there's nothing that I love to eat more than my rolls stuffed with tempura or fresh fish, held together by seaweed (or soy paper), compressed with rice all around, topped off with more raw stuff, and drizzled with spicy mayo or some other saucy concoction. Yummy.

Alvin and I eat sushi, on average, twice a week. We eat at Arigato's for one of those times, and tend to try out another place for our second meal. Arigato's has been a regular place for us to eat at, even before we were dating. It's cheap, fast, and pretty decent when you're hungry. It's definitely not for any sushi connosieur because they don't use the best fish there is, and sometimes, it's as if they just throw their stuff together. Nonetheless, there are really no other complaints. They're simple with their regular beverages of Pepsi, Sprite, etc. They're Sake Bombs are cheap and from what the guys say, (I'm not of age, yet), they're good. The last time we went, I tried something new, the TNT roll. Spicy tuna on top with the regular fillings--I like.

This past week we finally tried Nishiki's. I've heard a lot of raves about it and two of the waitresses who work there are friends of mine. The place is really chill and pretty busy, despite it being a Wednesday night. The owner seems like a pretty laidback/outgoing fellow too. I had the Golden Salmon roll because I LOVE SALMON. I'm infamous for going after anything with salmon in it, and I don't like to share it--just ask Alvin. This roll has fresh salmon on top, and smoked salmon inside. I could've done without the smoked salmon, especially when I prefer the fish fresh and raw. I also had the King's roll which was sweet egg, tempura shrimp and rice wrapped in pink soy paper. I liked this one better of the two. We were served chocolate, mocha, and vanilla mochi sliced and diced, with chocolate drizzling as a way to end the meal. More yum.

The last week, we ventured into Tex Wasabi's, owned by Guy Fieri (I kept saying Ferrari) from the FoodNetwork. The atmosphere is chill, and the servers are pretty cool. We had a whoooole crazy array of sushi. I don't remember the names anymore--I'm bad with registering in my brain the names of rolls, sorry sushi! I do remember having one that was called the Jackass roll (which I kept teasing Alvin, saying that they named it after him =P), and then one roll with bacon and bbq sauce (I think?) in it. Not my cup of tea. I did like the one wrapped in lettuce but again, I can't recall what was in it. I liked their sushi; it was different but you definitely have to be open to the idea of "American-fusioned" sushi. Their array of drinks was interesting too. Can't wait til I'm 21!

Arigato Sushi
1608 Howe Ave, Sacramento, CA
(916) 920-5930

Nishiki Sushi
1501 16th St # 111, Sacramento, CA
(916) 446-3629

Tex Wasabi's
2100 Arden Way, Sacramento, CA
(916) 927-8399

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker