Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Pacific Catch

So, if you've catched the new iPhone commercials (man, I drool at the thought of having one), it shows the "magic hands" going into iTunes on the phone, then watching a clip of Pirates of the Carribean, and then finally going onto Google Maps to search for the nearest seafood restaurant in of course, the best city ever, SF. The first place that comes up is Pacific Catch. Pretty nifty, eh?

Well, even before the infamous iPhone commercial, I've had my stomach set on trying out this place. The previous attempt was a bust cus I spent too much time trying on the same 2 pairs of shoes at Nordstrom's at SF Center. However, this time around, on me and Johanna's spontaneous trip to SF last Friday night, I made it a point to be able to make it. The drive was pretty crazy from Downtown to the Marina District and parking was...well, something that start's with "b" and ends with "itch." Then I nearly wanted to throw a tantrum when we got to the door and the server said they were closing in ten minutes. Bummerrrrrr. We decided on taking it to-go but luckily these two other hungry patrons asked for a table so she had no choice but to offer us one. The servers didn't look too happy about that, but oh well...we wanted our food!

I had been browsing the menu online prior to our trip and was torn between their taco special plate or one of their wasabi bowls. I've read great reviews on both. That night, I decided on a wasabi bowl with their ahi poke (Hawaiian-style sashimi). Johanna got a shrimp teriyaki bowl. If you imagine, a sushi roll exploding, very neatly into a bowl, that's pretty much how my bowl's appearance was like. There was seasoned sushi rice on the bottom, a huge helping of raw ahi tuna, sliced avocado, sliced cucumber, sprouts, pickled ginger, and even shredded nori. It was delish! I like Jo's bowl too with the pineapple fried rice. I wanted to try their ginger tea (I looove ginger tea) but they were out of it so I opted for a Thai iced tea but it wasn't as sweet as I like it. We also ordered a side-order of their sweet potato fries accompanied with a wasabi/horse radish dipping sauce and sweet & sour dipping sauce. They were tasty! My bowl was great but, sadly, I couldn't finish it. I ended up doggy-bagging the rest of it but left it in my car overnight til mid-morning the next day and it didn't smell so great after that...I had too much crap to carry out of the car into my house that I blindly left it =(. The fish nearly cooked in the 90deg heat of the car/outside. What a waste! Anyway, I'm definitely taking Alvin there next time cus it was great. Our bill ended up for the both of us being $35. Not bad at all!

Pacific Catch
pacificcatch.com
2027 Chestnut St
San Francisco, CA
(415) 440-1950

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker