Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Hometown Buffet

Alright, alright...I'm probably going out on a whim doing a review of Hometown Buffet but I thought it'd be an interesting idea, as I was sitting Sunday morning, in front of my third (shocking!) plate at the restaurant.

I woke up Sunday morning, having a strange craving for their waffles. This usually happens every now and then, not as much as before when my family and I went nearly every weekend after church on Sundays. I was just looking forward to their soft, warm rounds of waffles drenched in strawberries and syrup. Mmmm.

So we get there, it's not too busy and we're overwhelmed by all the smells coming from the many dishes served under the heat-lamps. I start off, of course with my waffles, adding a poached egg, some sausage links and hashbrowns to my plate. The boyfriend starts with a salad. For breakfast?! Well, that's what goes with the autonomy of a buffet. You get to eat whatever it is that you like, provided by the restaurant, of course. I also managed to eat some fried chicken, an omelet, salad, and other things. I ended my meal with a vanilla/choc ice cream cone.

Mmmm. Where else can ya get fried chicken and ice cream for breakfast?! (Of course, you can have it anywhere else, like at home, but I think Hometown Buffet is cool...)

Hometown Buffet
9089 Bruceville Rd
Elk Grove, CA
(916) 684-2771

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker